Undawn (Closed Beta Testing)
Recruitment Website (Canada and the United States)
Last Updated: 17 March 2023
This Recruitment Website has been developed by Proxima Beta Pte. Limited (“we”, “us”, “our”). For the purpose of data protection laws, the data controller of your personal information in relation to the Recruitment Website is Proxima Beta Pte. Limited. The registered address of Proxima Beta Pte. Limited is 10 Anson Road #21-07 International Plaza, Singapore.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the processing of your personal information, or if you want to exercise any rights you may have. You can contact us anytime at email@example.com.
Children must not use the Recruitment Website for any purpose.
By children, we mean users under the age of 13 years old.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under this age for any purpose. If you believe that we have personal information of a child under this age, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will delete such information.
For more information about our Cookies policy, click here.
This section provides more detail on the types of personal information we collect from you, and why.
Website information: email address and device information (device system version, device language, phone memory, IP address).
We use this information to:
· operate the Recruitment Website; and
· select users to participate in the CBT and to send users a link to download the CBT via the iOS App Store or Google Play Store or a link to download the Windows version of the CBT.
· E-mail address
· Any other information you decide to provide us as part of your communication
If you contact us, we use this information to get in touch with you and to respond to your question, issue or request, as applicable.
AIHelp, a third party service provider, will access our mailbox to address any questions, issues or requests you send to us.
CBT registration information (via Amazon Simple Email Service (“Amazon SES”)): e-mail address and email transactional information (transactional email delivery history, IP address, delivery status and timestamp) for emails sent via Amazon SES)
If you subscribe to our emails, we use this information with your consent to send our emails related to the CBT, and marketing news and promotional offers to you.
For website information, we store your email address, device system version and IP address information in our servers with Microsoft Azure in the United States, and other information is stored in Google Analytics’ server located in the United States.
For contact information, we store this with AIHelp’s servers in the United States.
For CBT registration information (via Amazon SES), we store this in our servers with Microsoft Azure in the United States, and with Amazon Web Services in the United States.
We also have support, engineering and other teams who may support the Recruitment Website, including from Singapore.
Only where necessary will we share your personal information with third parties. Situations where this occur are:
· Third parties that provide services in support of the Recruitment Website (such as Google Analytics, AIHelp and Amazon SES), including to send you a link to sign up to the CBT. All companies providing services for us are prohibited from retaining, using, or disclosing your personal information for any purpose other than providing us with their services.
· Regulators, judicial authorities and law enforcement agencies, and other third parties for safety, security, or compliance with the law. There are circumstances in which we are legally required to disclose information about you to authorities, such as to comply with a legal obligation or processes, enforce our terms, address issues relating to security or fraud, or protect our users. These disclosures may be made with or without your consent, and with or without notice, in compliance with the terms of valid legal process such as a subpoena, court order, or search warrant. We are usually prohibited from notifying you of any such disclosures by the terms of the legal process. We may seek your consent to disclose information in response to a governmental entity’s request when that governmental entity has not provided the required subpoena, court order, or search warrant. We may also disclose your information to:
o enforce our terms and conditions and other agreements, including investigation of any potential violation thereof;
o detect, prevent or otherwise address security, fraud or technical issues; or
o protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, a third party or the public as required or permitted by law (such as exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction).
· A third party that acquires all or substantially all of us or our business. We may also disclose your information to third parties if we either: (a) sell, transfer, merge, consolidate or re-organise any part(s) of our business, or merge with, acquire or form a joint venture with, any other business, in which case we may disclose your data to any prospective buyer, new owner, or other third party involved in such change to our business; or (b) sell or transfer any of our assets, in which case the information we hold about you may be sold as part of those assets and may be transferred to any prospective buyer, new owner, or other third party involved in such sale or transfer.
Stored for the lifetime of your use of the CBT and then deleted within 30 days or deleted manually upon your request within 7 days from receipt of the request (whichever is earlier).
Stored for 2 years on AIHelp’s servers and deleted within 30 days from receipt of your request.
CBT registration information (via Amazon SES)
Email address: Retained for the duration you remain subscribed to our emails and deleted within 7 days from receipt of your request to unsubscribe or within 30 days after the CBT is shut down (whichever is earlier).
Transactional information: Information relating to successful emails are stored for 30 days and information relating to bounced back emails are stored for 90 days.
If we are required to retain your information beyond the retention periods set out above, for example to comply with applicable laws, we will store it separately from other types of personal information.
Some jurisdictions’ laws grant specific rights to users of the Recruitment Website. Please refer to the Supplemental Jurisdiction-Specific Terms, or the applicable laws in your jurisdiction, for an overview of specific rights that apply to persons subject to data protection laws in the listed jurisdictions and how these can be exercised.
You may have certain rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, such as access, correction, erasure, and objection rights. If you have any questions about or would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
We may from time to time send you announcements when we consider it necessary to do so (for example, when we temporarily suspend access to the Recruitment Website for maintenance, or security, privacy or administrative-related communications). You may not opt-out of these service-related announcements, which are not promotional in nature.
You may choose to stop receiving marketing related information from us when using the Recruitment Website by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please get in touch with us if you have any questions.
We will endeavour to deal with your request as soon as possible. This is without prejudice to any right you may have to launch a claim with a data protection authority in the region in which you live or work where you think we have infringed data protection laws.
SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS – JURISDICTION-SPECIFIC
This section applies to California residents covered by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Collection and Disclosure of Personal Information
Over the past 12 months, we have collected and disclosed the following categories of personal information from or about you or your device:
· Identifiers, such as IP address, device ID, device token and email address. This information is collected directly from you and your device.
· IP address to provide you with the Recruitment Website.
We collect your personal information for the following purposes:
· To provide you with the Recruitment Website, select users to participate in the CBT, and to send emails related to the CBT to you.
· If you subscribe to our marketing emails, we use this information to provide you with marketing news and promotional offers.
· To provide customer service.
For additional information about what each type of personal information is used for, see Section 3 How We Use Your Personal Information.
We disclose personal information to the following types of entities:
· Other companies within our corporate group who process your personal information in order to operate the Recruitment Website.
· Other companies that provide services on our behalf in support of the Recruitment Website and who are prohibited by contract from retaining, using, or disclosing personal information for any purpose other than for providing their services to us.
· Regulators, judicial authorities and law enforcement agencies.
· Entities that acquire all or substantially all of our business.
In the past 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information of California residents within the meaning of “sold” in the CCPA.
Rights under the CCPA:
If you are a California resident, you have the right to:
· Request we disclose to you free of charge the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
o the categories of personal information about you that we collected;
o the categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
o the purpose for collecting personal information about you;
o the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed personal information about you and the categories of personal information that was disclosed (if applicable) and the purpose for disclosing the personal information about you; and
o the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you;
· Request we delete personal information we collected from you, unless CCPA recognises an exception; and
· Be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights including providing a different level or quality of services or denying goods or services to you when you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
We aim to fulfil all verified requests within 45 days pursuant to the CCPA. If necessary, extensions for an additional 45 days will be accompanied by an explanation for the delay.
How to Exercise Your Rights
First, you may wish to log into your account and manage your data from there. If you are a California resident to whom the CCPA applies, you may also exercise your rights, if any, regarding other data by contacting us at email@example.com.
This section applies to Virginia residents covered by the Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act (“VCDPA”). For purposes of this section, “personal data” and “sensitive personal data” have the meanings given in the VCDPA and do not include information excluded from the VCDPA’s scope.
If you are a Virginia resident and the law does not recognize an exception that applies to you or your personal data, you have the right to:
· request that we disclose to you the personal data that we collect, use, or disclose, and information about our data practices.
· request we delete personal data we collected from you, unless the law recognises an exception;
· request we correct inaccurate personal data that we maintain about you; and
· be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights including providing a different level or quality of services or denying goods or services to you when you exercise your rights under the law.
We do not collect sensitive personal data about you. We also do not process personal data for purposes of (i) targeted advertising, (ii) the sale of personal data, or (iii) profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects concerning the consumer.
How to Exercise Your Rights
First, you may wish to log into your account and manage your data from there. If you are a Virginia resident to whom the VCDPA applies, you may also exercise your rights, if any, regarding other data by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Appeal Decision on Your Request
If you would like to appeal a decision on your request to exercise any right you have under the VCDPA, you may contact us at email@example.com.